I left Camarillo at 4:30 on a Friday morning, bound for Santa Fe, New Mexico and I needed to be there by 5pm that day. We wanted to make it a decent arrival time as Joy had an additional 1 ½ hours drive time to get back up in the mountains near Santa Fe where she and her family live. The trip itself was uneventful most of the way with the only issue being the very strong headwinds that were encountered once we started driving across the desert. And let’s not forget the cold. It was so cold once we hit Flagstaff and on into New Mexico that I kept the heater on full the whole way. I didn’t want the dogs to get cold and I know I was. I would have loved to see them play in the snow, but decided against exposing them to any weather issues until they were safely at Joy’s home. Since they’re not being used to this amount of cold plus the stress of traveling they will definitely come down with something. And if you watched Joy’s video, they did have a touch of kennel cough, so it looks like I made the right call. We met up in Santa Fe about 8pm and swapped paperwork and got the little ones all tucked in her car for the final leg of their journey to her house. It’s so nice to finally be able to meet people that you have talked with for hours on the phone. It’s one of the highlights of doing this type of volunteer work. And I know Joy will be such a great rescue mom to these guys. I do want to say a very big thank you to Ashey H. for all her help in getting these guys to where they have a chance of finding there furever home in Santa Fe. Without people like her, we could not be doing what we do. I will be staying overnight in Santa Fe, then heading out to Phoenix, Arizona in the morning to call on rescues in that area.
(Be sure to turn your speakers up to hear Joy’s narration)